Sunday, March 14, 2010

Archaeological Find

Satellite

Looking through
a satellite windowpane
endlessly falling past the earth
searching for my soul
and only finding
the heavens

Quixotic

Light breaks through
a sullen cloud
to brighten my day
fills my soul with laughter
rising boundless hope
abruptly confounded
an unwelcome shadow creeps
across my path and darkens my face
Fear and dread are in the midst of reverie
not yet stirred from slumber
when light returns
in the distance I see
the mocking foe
his long arms promise restless change
constant conflict of light and dark
where the lines of battle
flux swiftly and fluidly
completing the great continuum
ceaselessly changing my soul
his long arms taunt me
from a distance
Shatteringly loud
I crash my visor down
I steel my soul
spur my steed
my fist curls tightly
as I ready my lance.

Soul Flower

the damp dew of the dawn
brightly glistens on
closed petals capturing
the reborn sun
waiting on nature's unbroken promise
with the premise provided by
foreknowledge of beauty
of the coming bloom
No need to coax Her.
Sitting patiently cross-legged
until the flower wishes
This morning,
there is all the time in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment